pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

planning meals

scale says: 149.0

it's funny, but i don't think i'll feel far away enough from the 150s until i'm 140, and then the cycle will just start all over again. i am kind of surprised i lost weight with that giant sandwich still in my tummy >.<

breakfast: n/a
(didn't wake up early enough to eat w/o breaking rules!)

lunch:
coffee w/ tsp of sugar (15)
watermelon (80)

dinner:
french dip sandwich again (400)

skinny girl total: 415 (limit 650)
actual total: 495

* * * * *

ugh french dip sandwich again because we had leftovers. at least it was the weekend so i didn't go over skinny girl diet limits. bad news: boyfriend really liked the way i made french dip and wants them again next week. fuuuuuuuuuck. well, okay, they are pretty good :) just sooo many calories! i'll schedule them for sat/sun again so it doesn't effect skinny girl limits.

these last few weeks i've been planning out all dinners. this is so 1) boyfriend and i aren't tempted to go out to eat 2) we can get all the groceries for the week in one trip 3) planned dinners are relatively healthy. and then there's my personal reason-- if i make dinner every night, i can control it. i can control how many calories are in each dish, and i know exactly how many calories i'm eating.

this week on monday and tuesday we'll be eating breakfast-y foods for dinner-- low-cal toast, turkey bacon, and scrambled eggs (i'm only going to eat egg whites). wednesday, thursday, and friday we're having chicken and green beans, saturday and sunday are the french dip sandwiches. i still have plenty of snack foods for myself: fruits, rice cakes, oatmeal, yogurt, veggies, jello. and i think when i go shopping i'm going to get myself a really bland enriched cereal so i can get some vitamins in but i'm not too tempted to binge with it because it won't taste that good, haha.

i'm really obsessed with planning and organization and numbers, so i usually plan out not only dinners for the week, but all my meals. i'll calculate the approx calories in each dinner, subtract that from my skinny girl limit, then take the number that's left and try to figure out what i should eat that day for breakfast and lunch.

for example: monday skinny girl diet limit is 400. for dinner i'm having 2 slices of low-cal toast (45/each = 90) 2 slices of turkey bacon (35/each = 70) and 2 scrambled egg whites (17/each = 34). this means monday dinner total is 194 calories (which is awesome, because that's a pretty filling dinner for under 200 cal!). this means i have 206 calories left of my limit to divide between breakfast and lunch. since i work monday morning, i'll be lucky to get in a cup of coffee or tea for breakfast, and i'll still keep lunch under 100, so i'll probably end up with 300 total for the day. (we'll see how close my prediction is tomorrow!)

i just feel a lot more comfortable knowing exactly how many calories dinner will be, so i can see how many calories i have left and play around with them. i just have to limit myself for breakfast and lunch and i'll be fine! that knowledge reassures me so, so much. plus, since everything is planned out i'm not nearly as tempted to break the plan and eat more than scheduled.

do you girls plan out your meals this much or am i just really obsessive about it? when you do plan, is it easy or hard to stick to the plan?

keep smiling beauties!
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. i'm obsessive about numbers&organization, but i have a hard time planning ahead, cause random things will happen&i hate hate hate messing up plans. so instead i journal everything right after i eat it&add it up so i know how many calories i have to spend. but if planning works for you then keep it up. stay strong, darling. you'll be 140 in no time i'm sure.
    xoxo
    zette

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love planning too. it also makes you less likely to binge because you know exactly what you're going to eat instead of guessing and working out calories when the food is right in front of you. stay strong xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan like a crazy person. I count everything. I always have an excel open on my laptop with all my calculations. It gets a bit OCD. When I can't plan I get even stricter just incase and count everything when I get home. I do calculations in my head, think about future possible meals etc etc etc you're definitely not alone.
    Congrats on the loss- keep going! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love planning my meals ahead i always have a lot more fun thinking about eating than actually doing it. hope your doing good on your plan. the intake was awesome.

    lots of love S xoxo stay strong and safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think most of us plan and count like crazy and that's sort of why we're here in the first place? I'm not incredibly organized with everything in my life but you can bet everything that I'll know exactly how many calories I consumed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I don't plan my meals, I'll eat everything in the house! Talk about addiction. Planning my meals makes me feel like less of a loser and it helps me to maintain the feeling that I'm in control, even wnen I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOODBYEEE 50s!!!!!! :D:D:D You should buy ALL-BRAN it's pure fiber & isn't that tasty! I'm sure you won't want to binge with it.

    & i do plan my meals. I used to be more organized about it but i've lost it now. :S I need to go baack to that. hmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. i plan my meals as well i always lay theyer the nite before and thing aobut what i will eat the next day someteims it doesnt work out causei dont have the food soi gotta eat my parents food but i plan alost and im always adding up cals thru the day my head is constantly on calories and food its obsessive

    and that dinner u planned sounds great to bad i cant eat turkey bacon and i dont eat eggs ugh hmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could try using sandwich thins instead of a big bread roll for your french dip. 100 cals each. I try to plan ahead just 'cause I hate running to the grocery store every time I need to cook something. I think we are all obsessive!

    ReplyDelete