pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

eating rules

scale says: 149.8

under 150! yay! on the downside, it seems my weight loss has slowed quite a bit. i wonder what i can do to get back to that lb/day loss... i'm already eating so little, so maybe more exercise? i'm also hoping my period is at fault, maybe it's extra water weight?

breakfast:
coffee w/ tsp of sugar (15)

lunch:
7 mini rice cakes (50)

dinner:
french dip sandwich (400)

skinny girl total: 465 (limit 650) (veggie/fruit fail!)
actual total: 465 calories

* * * * *

ugh so dinner was more calories than the entire day yesterday, but whatever. i really only ate part of the sandwich, but i'm counting 400 calories because the french bread alone had 200. on the plus side, i can probably skip breakfast tomorrow! (like i wouldn't do that anyway, ha.)

yesterday i decided to establish eating rules for myself, so if don't eat during one of the blocks of eating time then i have to skip that meal for the day.

breakfast must be eaten before noon. this might seem kind of late, but my earliest work shift is at 11, and i love to sleep in on my days off, so it's not strange for me to just sleep through breakfast.

lunch must be eaten between 1 pm and 3 pm. if i don't eat lunch in this window of time, i don't eat.

dinner has no limit on starting time, but i will not eat after 9 pm. i wanted this to be a bit earlier, but sometimes i work late or boyfriend works late, and anyway, my usual bedtime is well after 1 am, so there's still plenty of awake time after dinner to digest the food.

i want to eat at least one fruit or veggie everyday (totally failed this today, but i didn't want any more calories after that damn sandwich).

also, i'm probably going to start taking a multivitamin or something, because i really want to get my necessary fiber and calcium and protein and iron (i've been anemic for as long as i can remember). but i'm especially going to try to get in some protein foods (egg whites, low-fat yogurts, milk, cheese) and some iron rich foods (lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, raisins, red meats). of course, i could always find a nice, enriched cereal that has a crap-load of vitamins in it and just eat one small serving a day, but cereal is one of my binge foods, so that's a little scary. still, i'll look into it.

I'm curious: do you girls have any eating rules that you set for yourself? what are they and how easy are they to follow?

hope your weekend is going good, and wishing luck on all the girlies fasting for hungry for change! keep it up, you're all doing great!

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Yay! congrats on being in the 140's! :)
    I'd say upping the exercise is the only option left but as silly as it sounds you might want to up the cals too. As long as you burn more you'll still lose and your metabolism should speed up a bit and make weight loss easier. Thats the theory anyway.
    I think your rules sound good. The only one I really have is no eating past 9pm... oh and I tell myself I can eat anything but before I eat anything 'bad' I must have a big sweet milky tea and reassess. 9 times out of 10 I change my mind... & I find them easy to follow most of the time. Maybe 1 night a week I'll be tempted to eat after 9 but have tea instead and the others it will just be routine.
    Good luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, just make sure that you're looking after yourself. I have quite a few rules, somewhere on my blog if you wanna read them. Under the tab "birthday diet" or something. Up to you. :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooooo under 150 congrats girl! maybe up the intake and up the exercise? change it up? good luck beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats girl
    and ur new rules sound great
    platueas suck but mayb one higher cal day and then the rest lower
    i have certain times i eat during the week breakfast at 7 lunch at 1 dinner at 6 fridays that doesnt work though casue its force feed menite and gotta eat with the boy at some restraurant he chooses

    its the envy touch from verizon i hate it im already on my second one and it still kepps shutting off on its one the screen goes black or blue the i dropped it once and the casing doesnt even fit together rigth nemore

    ReplyDelete
  5. 400 cals is still pretty low and you actually don't want to stall out your metabolism so it's good to go up sometimes. Cereal is one of my binge foods too! I've been wanting to get bran cereal for fiber but.....might not be good. I am also anemic and need to get my vitamins together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your doing really well, you should try exercising more that will help you loser more weight, also i think your food rules are a really good idea. my only real rule is if i go over 400 call i have to do a liquid fast the next day, and burn 500. i hope your plan goes well

    lots of love S xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems like lb/a day will be hard to get back since after some time of rapid weight loss the body is like "oh yeah? well than, I shall lower my kcal intake needs". The best way is to speed up your metabolism and exercise more and eat a little bit more. It will result in temporary weight gain but It will speed up the metabolism to fight for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should eat more veggies and fruits than anything else! :)

    Hmmm i do have some rules. But i've never set them on paper... Good idea i guess i'll have to blog about that! :) hehe

    Thing is i often break them :S

    You gave me something to meditate about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have plenty, and they're going to kick my butt tomorrow.
    Good job though! I'm envious. I NEED to lose weight. It's so bad on my side right now.

    ReplyDelete