pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

calories, sugar and kitchen scales

scale says: 148.00

happy with any loss, though i miss the days of 1 lb/day... sigh.

breakfast:
oatmeal (140)
teaspoon of honey (20)
1/2 tsp of cinnamon (3)
black coffee (10)
(173)

lunch:
7 mini rice cakes (50)

dinner:
2 cups cooked cabbage (60)
1/2 tablespoon margarine (25)
(85)

skinny girl total: 248 calories (limit 400)
actual total: 308 calories

* * * * *

i was so full after breakfast! oatmeal is a bloody brilliant food. i ate more cals for breakfast than i usually do, but it filled me up and was a good start to my day. all the research i've done on metabolism says that eating breakfast boosts metabolism, drinking coffee gives you energy and boosts metabolism, and that oatmeal, honey, and cinnamon all help to boost metabolism as well. i think my body is going into starvation mode to conserve energy though, because at around 5 pm i was so exhausted i took a nap for a couple hours. still, better sleeping than eating.

i keep finding out that the strangest things have calories in them. cinnamon? 17 cals a tablespoon. black coffee? about 10 a cup. toothpaste? if you accidentally swallow a little bit you're getting calories. hell, does my multivitamin have calories too? probably. i just want to drink water for the rest of my life, but then i'd die after a few weeks and i'd never get to show off my new skinny body at the beach. sigh.

i decided to cut extra sugar out of  my diet. i was really only putting it in coffee and tea, so it's not a big change, just now all my coffee will be black and all my tea will be sweetened with honey. the oatmeal with honey and cinnamon was absolutely delicious, so take that sugar, i don't need you.

i really want to buy a food scale so i can weigh everything i eat, but boyfriend definitely would not be cool with that. he understands that i want to lose weight, but if i start measuring every grape he'll start thinking i've lost my mind. i'll just have to stick to measuring cups and teaspoons for now.

sort of spastic post today, but some days it's hard to come up with a good topic. hmmm... i could probably talk about goals and rewards (goal weight 140 is closer everyday), or my personal safe foods, or maybe update my measurements (i know i've lost an inch or two from my waist). lots of stuff. no matter what i'm writing about, i want to keep blogging everyday. it keeps me focused on the weight loss. and besides, i'd miss you girls too much if i took a day off.

hope you all are having a lovely day!
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Hey!
    Great mealplan, best you get your main cals in early. Oatmeal is an energy sustaining food, but you already know that. The cinnamon balances your blood sugar to counteract cravings and hunger. See? Cinnamon is good! Ha!

    Good work cutting out sugar, it does us no good. (too refined)

    Don't sweat all the calories, just the big ones.

    You always have something interesting to write about. My life seems like such a snore! Zzzz... Oh, well...!

    You're doing great, S.G. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should try splenda/sweet-n-low/equal or whatever sweetener you can buy!! it's like 0.4cals per tablet/packet and does the job. i can't drink coffee/tea without sugar in it....i love sugary drinks! so splenda does it for me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. o ilove cinnamon i eat it cause it helps my cholestrol but its just so yummy
    and u do always have soemthing to say and it is always interesting
    yeah sugar is the devil and we dont need it

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I LOVE your blog. Second, I was wondering if any of you ever tried eating cooked summer (yellow) squash or zucchini, with tomato sauce and a little bit of vegan parmesean on top. I have been doing that lately, and I think it is so good. I just cut up the squash and boil it till its soft and drain it and plate it, 1 cup at a time. Then I warm up 1/2 cup of meatless tomato sauce (I'm vegan and it has the least calories), and put 2 teaspoons of vegan parm on top. Squash - 20 calories/cup, sauce - 50 calories in half cup and vegan parm - 15 cals in 2 tsps. So, for 85 calories, I get a super filling delicious meal. So any of you have any thoughts on this. Any hidden dangers I should know about - fat??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're doing well! I know what you mean about the calories in everything! I remember picking up some veg at the supermarket and seeing that it had a suprising amount of calories! Shocking!
    I'm with you on drinking water, if only ey ):
    Stay strong, and keep on posting! I really enjoy reading your blog (: xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your diet changes! Maybe try and include some more protein in it though? Great work cutting down on the sugar.
    xxKat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I deff. agree on the oatmeal. That's a seriously forreal breakfast right there. And if you eat it in front of others then they really don't suspect anything, because it's a normal amount of food for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the intake, cabbage is a miracle food. i made my parents buy a scale for a science project i did a long time ago and i just weigh everything on that. it's not electronic, it's one of those balancing scales? it's pretty low-tech but it gets the job done! and as good as oatmeal may be for you, i think its so gross, i'd rather skip breakfast. aaand last, i made goals just because i was bored but they've actually turned out to be helping a lot, i didn't expect they would. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I liked oatmeal too! But it's so slimy. You must not like splenda. It's my calorie free sweetener of choice.

    ReplyDelete