pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

gum

scale says: 142.8

i have to lose 1 lb or more by tomorrow morn to set the new record, and unfortunately i don't think i quite made it. it'll still be a good week, but not a record breaking week!

breakfast:
coffee w/ tsp of sugar (25)

skipped lunch

dinner:
veggie burger (70)
bun (120)
cheese (25)
salsa (15)
lettuce (5)
(235)

skinny girl total: 255 (limit 700)
actual total: 260

* * * * *

woo i'm almost all caught up on blogs! still have a few more to hit, but unfortunately those will have to wait until tomorrow!

had my first boca burger tonight. of course, i put a nice tablespoon of super spicy habanero salsa on the burger, and that pretty much overpowered any taste! it was really good, and combined with the fat-free cheese and toasted bun, it was totally yummy and totally low-cal.

had a pretty good week, no going over the limits, no binging, though i was really tempted a few times! i don't think i lost a whole pound today, but for the week i'm guessing i lost just over 4 lbs, which is fine with me! keep the losses coming.

short post tonight, but i had a question for you.

sometimes i chew gum, but i haven't been recording this, because chewing gum for 30 minutes will burn 5 calories, thus negating the calories (if you chew for at least 30 min anyway.) so do you ladies count every single last calorie? do you count calories in gum, and diet soda, and a single leaf of lettuce?

do you calculate less calories if a slice of bread is missing a little chunk? do you weigh out your food portions so they're exact? if you eat a cereal with almonds and bran flakes do you adjust the calories per serving if your bowl has a lot more almonds than average?

just some things that have been on my mind lately, because i count calories and restrict and limit, but i really don't care about the calories in gum because i burn them right off and then some.

hope your weekend was well!
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. I weigh all the food I eat that doesn't come prepackaged/weighed and if I don't finish what ever it is I'm eating I still count the calories as if I'd eaten the whole thing. I don't count gum or diet soda though, or not once I noticed that it didn't seem to have any negative affects on my weight.
    Congratulations on the 4lbs! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i count diet sodas, but only when i'm being pedantic. if i make a salad i never count each lettuce leaf and slice of tomato, just estimate. same with a lot of stuff i eat because mostly my flatmates cook. when in doubt i usually round up.
    congrats on the loss you're doing so well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I personally don't think it's such a good idea to be too 'parro' about every single last calorie, you could go off the deep end! (nuts!) Just do your best to be sensible, exactly like you have been. It's definitely working, your wasting away! Nice work, Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blogs take forever to catch up on don't they? I think that is the reason I am sat here at nearly 7am reading them all...

    Gosh I am too obsessive about numbers in everything. They drive me mad and even more so since I am great at maths and intend to study it (eith other things) for the next 3 years or so. The only thing I never count is alcohol. I ahve no idea why. Maybe it's because it would scare the life out of me never to drink again but that is the only thing I exclude.

    Congrats on the loss. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the loss thats amazing.
    i dont count small amounts like gum that chews itself off or little minor cals. i like to keep it general not too too precise, theres just enough time to count my every step and move and predict the cals burned. good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a cool thing about gum. I never thought about it like that, but it's awesome.
    Congrats on your progress. You're so lovely!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the loss- I'm crossing everything for you for tomorrow's weigh in!!
    I go through stages of number craziness.
    I'll either a- not count a thing, b- count every piece of gum, weigh everything, c- round things up to 50's or 100's and cup measurements instead of grams.
    I find I'm most confident and stable when I'm in 'c' mode. The extremes make me crazy. Or too relaxed and fat but that leads to crazy too...
    Keep up the great work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i never coung gum cals
    and i go thru my pahses were i get totally obesses and count every singe lil thing and then i go crazy and i cant do that
    so now i usually weight things and just estmaite most of the stuff i eat i know the cals on neway so its not to had
    but im werid i wont count like salad dressing or like miracle whip or mustard shit like that yeah i will look at the cals but i wont count them mainly cause when i do use them its only really lil and hard to count neway

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope it is OK if I follow you, I saw your blog around and it seems interesting! And I definitely don't weigh things or count strictly, just guess, I mean I don't ever really count veges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually count everything except gum/tea/coffee/diet soda... If in doubt, I always estimate up, and I round every day at the end to 50 or 100 higher than I've calculated, just to be safe. If I slack off it makes me crazier than knowing I ate too much haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't count calories in liquids normaly, or gum, but anything food wise i get really obsessive over. I'm a faster though, so i think it's only natural.
    Well done on your loss (: It's great!
    Stay strong hun xox

    ReplyDelete