pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

25%

scale says: 145.0

quite happy with 1 lb loss. i'm sure it's partially thanks to working last night-- five hours of non-stop walking, moving, cleaning, carrying things really helped.

breakfast:
fat-free yogurt (90)

lunch:
nothing

dinner:
2 oz boneless skinless chicken (60)
tortilla (130)
fat free cheese (25)
1/8 c. onions (10)
tablespoon salsa (15)
coffee w/ tsp of sugar (25)
(265)

skinny girl total: 345 (limit 400)
actual total: 355 calories

* * * * *

i know i said i was cutting sugar out of my diet but i'm a big fat liar. black coffee is just so blech, and i forgot to grab sugar packets to test out the artificial sweeteners. i'll do it soon, because the sugar is just empty calories and eating it makes me feel so guilty.

when i got my scale i weighed in at 155.8 and set my goal weight at 115, about a 40 lb loss. today i weighed in at 145, which means i've lost over 10 lbs, and which means i'm officially 25% of the way to my goal! i'm very pleased with this, especially because it didn't take very long, but i know that these first 10 lbs were the easiest. it will only get harder from here. and those last 10 will cling to my body for ever and ever.

but i will drop the weight, every last bit of it. the 1 lb loss has me feeling motivated. it also has me gunning for any extra shift i can get at work. i mean, i get to be constantly moving and losing calories, i get to skip meals and not even feel hungry because i'm just too busy, and i get to make money! talk about a win-win-win situation. and there's nothing better than burning calories like crazy and not even realizing you're doing it!

stay beautiful, girls!
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Hey S.G.! Well done on your tremendous weight loss, that's marvellous!

    I see you do a good 'skinny tortilla' quite often. Sounds fantastic! My housemate lost a lot of weight that way. He just took enough off his regular plate of food to fill the tortilla (we call them wraps!) and he left the rest. Portion contol seems to work well for him.

    Is it true that Mexican food is a 'California thing' or is it regional? I'm asking because the same housemate reads Don Winslow books, set in So-Cal and he mentions Mexican cuisine quite a lot. I must say, I'm rather partial to the 'hot stuff' myself! Yum!

    I haven't forgotten that I promised to post my regular meal plan for you. I'll stick it in tomorrow with my 'Fridy update'. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations of getting 1/4 way there!! I'm so proud of all your hard work- your intake has been so low, no wonder you're losing so fast! Keep up the great work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your 1/4 mark! you'll be halfway...3/4 the way..then all the way in no time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow congrats yay thats great hun
    and work is amzing like that isnt it
    i miss that i need a job for i can constatly keep moivng again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Substitute splenda or equal for sugar..that will help you A LOT! CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss, I am soooproud of you! :] Keep up the good work :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!! You are getting there!! I'm very proud.
    xxKat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently stevia is a good low cal sweetener. I haven't tried it yet, but I guess it's supposed to be better since it's all natural and not some weird chemical mixture lol.

    ReplyDelete