pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

chocolate

scale says: 153.6

again my scale tells me that i dropped a whole pound in one day. i'm starting to wonder: is this legit? is my scale calibrated poorly? or is this extra weight so foreign that my body is eager to drop it? i guess i'll find out soon enough. as long as the number keeps getting lower, i'm happy.

breakfast:
green tea w/ tsp of sugar (15)
banana (100)

lunch:
20 grapes (60)
7 mini rice cakes (50)
coffee w/ tsp of sugar (15)

dinner:
leftover stew (130)

skinny girl diet total: 210 calories (limit: 400)
actual total: 370 calories

* * * * *

i feel a chocolate craving coming on (i'm pms-ing, go figure) and i was a little worried until i came across a great tip: cocoa powder! 1 tablespoon has 15 calories, so sprinkle some cocoa powder on banana slices or an apple or plain rice cakes to satisfy your chocolate craving. i think it's a great idea, and i can't wait to try it, maybe tomorrow.

it's weird, but a lot of the so-called "pro-ana" advice just doesn't work that well for me. like the one that says you shouldn't eat in front of your computer screen? i do that all the time and it makes me eat slower, especially while blogging! (i'm actually eating my lunch of grapes and rice cakes while i type this!) i can see how it would be bad to grab a whole bag of chips and just mindlessly eat while on the computer, but i portion all the food out, put it on a plate, then i take small bites and type or browse websites between bites. sometimes it will take me an hour to eat a plate of food this way!

hope your week is off to a lovely start!
xoxo

* * * *

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you did REALLY good. I feel like I ate too much today... I'm going to shoot for a much lower number tomorrow haha. Tomorrow is 300 calories though! So it should definitely be lower.

    I can kinda see what you're saying about the eating thing. I plate everything and measure everything I eat as well. I try to eat on black plates or clear plates, too. It kinda helps. I can't eat while I'm on the computer though. I like to focus when I eat for some reason, idk. Focusing when I do eat helps me not miss food so much (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed its legit! I agree with you about eating in front of things *if* you've pre portioned and eat slowly, but so many people can't and end up not feeling satisfied and wasting calories. I guess we've all got to do what works for us :) Keep up the good work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally eat slower in front of the computer too! when it's just me and the fridge i totally binge but if i have something to distract me, it's alll good. tell me how the coco powder goes, i want to try it! and good job on your intake love :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. good work girl :) it's a sign of your hard work paying off! yeh i eat slower too because my hands are busy typing etc....i think i would fail if i had cocoa powder because once i have a little bit i have to have a LOT. everyone's different i guess! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its hard for me to eat when I'm not distracted by my computer or the TV. I just don't see how eating is an event that needs to be sat and appreciated at a dinning table for all to see. I don't even like seeing it hence the distraction of TV/computer. Thank god.
    Good luck on SGD, seems like everyone's doing it. Hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeeeah if you are really eating so little, you're bound to have lost 1 lb in a day! well done!! :D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing food, I'm impressed. You lot really get a lot out of the food limit, I'm terrible at it!

    Don't wonder about the weight loss... embrace it! ;)

    Q x
    http://bingo-wingss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm bad in front of the computer AND the TV if I don't portion control it. That's the key. Great job. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete